Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is a copycat of Popeye's Louisiana Kitchens Mardi Gras Cheesecake (Our Mardi Gras Cheesecake is served chilled and decorated in confectionary confetti!)
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) bottle colored sprinkles (small size-multicolored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving. Decorate with confetti before cutting.