1/1 Photo of Popeyes Famous Fried Chicken - Copycat
A clone of Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken! This was given to me by friend TheCOOYON on the Nola.Com recipe swap. He calls it his Sexy and Spicy Clone
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11/2 - 2/3 cup spicy crab boil powder can be used as the alternative to salt & ceyenne pepper.
- 2Mix egg, salt, and pepper (or crab boil powder) in large bowl.
- 3Add water and whisk. Get the batter to light pancake or english pancake batter consistency. This will be thick but runny.
- 4Soak the chicken in the wet batter for at least 18 minutes.
- 5Get your grease up to 375 degrees.
- 6Place your chicken in the flour.Shake and get them out the flour and into the grease pretty quick(do not let them sit in the flour long, it will make the crust like concrete). Change flour if it gets too clumpy.
- 7Cook until juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popeyes Famous Fried Chicken - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 4814.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 34.5 g