Recipe by mailbelle
A combination of breakfast sausage and rice cooked in chicken broth. Popeye's is a Louisiana-based fried chicken restaurant chain. This recipe is from America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food.
- 1 lb bulk spicy breakfast sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup long -grain rice
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring and crumbling with a fork, until the pink color disappears.
- Stir in the broth, rice, and onion flakes.
- Simmer gently, covered, for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and most of the broth is absorbed.