Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my all time favorite! Forget about side dish... This is a meal on its own! Everytime I visit a Popeye's I make sure to always get this. Goes great with fried chicken! Feel free to add or take away any ingredients to make it to your liking!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 cups long grain rice, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In fry pan, stir in ground beef and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium high heat until beef loses its pink color and bell pepper is soft.
- Remove excess grease.
- Turn temperature down to medium or medium low.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir and cook together until ground beef is completely cooked and liquid is gone.
i browned ground turkey and sausage with the green pepper, but cooked the rice and all other ingredients in my rice cooker. Then i put all the rice into the pan with the turkey pepper, and sausage. Fried it up and enjoyed it very much. the spices cooked right into the rice, and was very tasty.