Recipe by BakinBaby
A unique blend of spinach,ham,eggs cheese and ramen noodles combined in a crust-less quiche. Created right here in my kitchen for Dining on a Dollar Challenge.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
We thought the idea for this recipe was a good one & definitely has potential. DS, who got burned out on frozen spinach after 22 recipes for RSC #11 said that he enjoyed it again in this dish. Overall, we just felt that it was all too bland. In the future we will use a portion of the Ramen seasoning packet & add more meat. The 1/3 cup of 1/2 inch cubes of ham just wasn't enough meat to taste it in every bite. No one liked the sour cream on top, but we did like it with some salsa.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor, toss the season packet)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup ham (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 7 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sour cream (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ramen noodles in boiling water fro 1-2 minute.
- Squeeze thawed spinach to remove all water, you should end up with 1/4 cup spinach.
- In a small skillet heat olive oil, add onion, red pepper,ham & oregano; heat until onions are transparent.
- Add drained spinach to skillet, cook for 2 minute.
- Lightly whip eggs, salt & pepper, and half-half mixture in a small bowl.
- Rub the bottom and sides of a 1-1/2 quart casserole or 8"x8" baking dish with margarine.
- Place drained ramen noodles in baking dish, then ham & spinach mix, then egg mixture and lastly top with Parmesan cheese.
- With a fork slightly break through the mixture allowing the egg mixture to spread to the bottom of the dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until casserole begins to set and puffs up,garnish with sour cream if desired.