1/1 Photo of Popeye's Breakfast Bake
A unique blend of spinach,ham,eggs cheese and ramen noodles combined in a crust-less quiche. Created right here in my kitchen for Dining on a Dollar Challenge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor, toss the season packet)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup ham (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sour cream (garnish) (optional)
- 1Cook ramen noodles in boiling water fro 1-2 minute.
- 2Squeeze thawed spinach to remove all water, you should end up with 1/4 cup spinach.
- 3In a small skillet heat olive oil, add onion, red pepper,ham & oregano; heat until onions are transparent.
- 4Add drained spinach to skillet, cook for 2 minute.
- 5Lightly whip eggs, salt & pepper, and half-half mixture in a small bowl.
- 6Rub the bottom and sides of a 1-1/2 quart casserole or 8"x8" baking dish with margarine.
- 7Place drained ramen noodles in baking dish, then ham & spinach mix, then egg mixture and lastly top with Parmesan cheese.
- 8With a fork slightly break through the mixture allowing the egg mixture to spread to the bottom of the dish.
- 9Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until casserole begins to set and puffs up,garnish with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popeye's Breakfast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.6
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 399.0 mg
- Sodium 1291.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g