1/1 Photo of Popeye's Breakfast Bake
A unique blend of spinach,ham,eggs cheese and ramen noodles combined in a crust-less quiche. Created right here in my kitchen for Dining on a Dollar Challenge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor, toss the season packet)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup ham (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup sour cream (garnish) (optional)
- 1Cook ramen noodles in boiling water fro 1-2 minute.
- 2Squeeze thawed spinach to remove all water, you should end up with 1/4 cup spinach.
- 3In a small skillet heat olive oil, add onion, red pepper,ham & oregano; heat until onions are transparent.
- 4Add drained spinach to skillet, cook for 2 minute.
- 5Lightly whip eggs, salt & pepper, and half-half mixture in a small bowl.
- 6Rub the bottom and sides of a 1-1/2 quart casserole or 8"x8" baking dish with margarine.
- 7Place drained ramen noodles in baking dish, then ham & spinach mix, then egg mixture and lastly top with Parmesan cheese.
- 8With a fork slightly break through the mixture allowing the egg mixture to spread to the bottom of the dish.
- 9Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until casserole begins to set and puffs up,garnish with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popeye's Breakfast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.6
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 399.0 mg
- Sodium 1291.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g