Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has been in my files for some time now. I don’t know where I got it, but it is yummy vegetarian soup. Serve with cheese bread.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Heat oil in a soup pot and sauté the onions, bell pepper and garlic until softened.
- In the meantime, cook the orzo in plenty of boiling water. Drain.
- Add stock and tomatoes to veggies.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add orzo, spinach and herbs.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.