Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Low-Carb Lasagna Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 -2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- garlic salt
- Sautee ground pork in saucepan until cooked. Season with garlic salt to taste. Add jar of tomato sauce, basil and cook for at least 15 minutes.
- In bowl mix ground beef with 3 eggs and enough bread crumbs until meatloaf consistency. Spread mixture with a fork into bottom of 9x12 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through (10-15 minutes). Drain off any liquid.
- Cook spinach according to instructions. Drain well.
- Mix Ricotta Cheese with 2 eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Spread a layer of sauce over ground beef “pie shell”. Spread half of ricotta mixture over sauce. Place spinach over entire surface. Spread remaining ricotta over spinach. Spread remaining sauce over ricotta mixture. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbling and browned. Let stand for 10 minutes.