Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Casual in looks, good in flavor. Fresh-tasting garlic and tomato with salty feta cheese. A Mediterranean look and taste.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 12 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped (lightly packed)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook pasta in boiling water and first amount of salt in a large uncovered pot or Dutch oven for 6 minutes until tender but firm. Drain. Return to pot.
- Add first amount of olive oil. Toss. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, saute tomato and garlic in second amount of olive oil in large frying pan for about 2 minutes until tomatoes have released their juices.
- Add next 6 ingredients. Heat and stir for about 1 minute just until spinach is wilted and heated through.
- Pour over pasta. Add feta cheese. Toss well.
- Note: In place of fresh marjoram, you could replace with 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram and you can replace garlic cloves with 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
Enjoyable pasta dish. Nice and easy with great taste. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap 43, August 2010.
Really outstanding. I'm so glad that you posted this one, it's a real keeper. My angel hair is very fine and I only need to drop it in boiling water and take it off the heat. The "sauce" takes almost no time at all. Start to finish my dinner was ready in about 8 mins! I skipped the bit of sugar because I omit it where ever I can. If you want a fast, healthy meal that tastes wonderful then stop looking because you just found it! Made for Photo Tag.
Great dinner tonight - tasty, healthy and filling. I added a few black olives but otherwise stayed with the recipe. Made for ZWT 4 so thanks evelyn .