Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is inspired by the contents of my freezer and the cottage cheese pancake recipes on this site. For fluffier pancakes let the batter stand for longer. You could add the cottage cheese into the pancake mix too for a change.
For the pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 150 g spinach
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 g butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 50 g cottage cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- To make the pancakes, mix together the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and salt and beat well.
- Let the batter stand while you make the filling
- Trim, wash and shred the spinach and leave to stand.
- gently fry the onion in the butter until soft. Add the spinach and cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Add the batter, a spoonful at a time and cook on both sides until golden.
- Add the sesame seeds to the spinach mix and season to taste.
- Heap the cottage cheese on to the hot pancakes, divide the spinach mixture between them, roll them up and they're ready to eat.