Recipe by Debbwl
Saw Fabio Viviani make this on TV the other day, it looked so good I had to bring over. The times are estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy-bottomed pot with a lid.
- Add diced pancetta and render until golden brown and slightly crisped.
- Meanwhile, combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and set aside.
- When the pancetta is ready, drop three kernels into the oil, and wait for them to pop.
- Once the test kernels pop, remove the pot from the heat, stir in the popcorn and shake gently, to coat in oil and pancetta.
- Place popcorn back over medium high heat and cover with lid.
- Shake the pot until there are several seconds between each pop.
- Remove from heat, and remove the lid carefully: there will be steam.
- To season, pour half of the popcorn into a large bowl. Drizzle with half of the melted butter and half of the seasoning blend, and then toss to coat. Repeat with the remaining popcorn, butter, and seasoning.
- Serve hot.