Recipe by susie cooks
This is a Mexican Specialty. It is quite a healthy snack!
Top Review by Kris B.
Well, I really liked the idea of this, but in execution I thought it was lacking. The chili powder on its own didn't give the popcorn a great flavor, so I added a few shakes of cumin and garlic. Fixed this way, it was fairly good with the lime, which I just cut up into slices and squeezed as I ate, rather than getting all of the popcorn soggy at once. Glad I tried this, but probably won't make again as written. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups popcorn, for popping
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 limes, juice of (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan until it is very hot.
- Add the popcorn and cover with lid.
- Reduce the heat.
- Shake the pan occasionally so all the corn will cook and it will not brown.
- When the popping sound stops, remove pan from the heat and let cool slightly. Discard any kernels that have not popped.
- Add the chili powder. Shake the pan again and again to make sure that all of the corn is covered with chili powder.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice just before serving.