Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Direct from a bag of Old Dutch Pop Corn Twists - Too Good and Sinful not to post!
Make and share this Popcorn Twist Caramel Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Prehead oven to 250°F.
- Place entire bag of popcorn twists into a large roaster.
- In a Large (2 qt) sauce pan, cook together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup for 2 minutes after butter has melted and it starts to gently boil.
- Add baking soda to mixture. This will cause mixture to foam - that is why you need a large saucepaan.
- Allow to foam to cook down slightly.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn twists and stir until mixed.
- Place in oven for 35-45 minutes, (35 for chewy corn, 45 for crunchy), stirring at least every 10-15 minutes.
- remove from oven and pour on wax paper.
- Allow to cool slightly and break apart.
My mom has been making this recipe around the holidays for years now and always a huge hit! Try adding in nuts like Pecans to make it that much better!!
I can't believe only 2 people have reviewed this recipe. I have been making it for several years & it is one of the treats everyone requests at Christmas. I know our friends south of the border don't have Old Dutch Popcorn Twists, but they could make it with Chester's butter flavored Puffcorn by FritoLay. Great recipe, a must try for anyone who likes caramel corn but not the popcorn hulls.
Awesome! this is so easy to make. Don't know why I havent made it before now. Its been on the back of the bag of popcorn twists forever! It will be a definate keeper on the Candy list.