Recipe by alijen
Another cute idea for the holidays. Edible snowmen for the table or a lunchbox treat! Kids love them! They can help and use the candy of their choice for hats/scarves etc.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (or use pre-made frosting)
- gumdrop, for decoration
- red cinnamon candies, for decoration
- jelly pretzels, for decoration
- fruit leather, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring often, until melted and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Place the popped popcorn in a large lightly greased shallow pan.
- Pour the syrup over the popcorn, tossing to coat evenly.
- While still warm, form 6 balls about 5" in diameter for the coated popcorn for the bottom sections, giving the balls flat bases so the snowmen will stand.
- Form 6 balls about 3-1/2" in diameter for the middle sections.
- Then form 6 balls about 2" in diameter for the top sections.
- Stir in the confectioners sugar and milk together until smooth (skip this step if using pre-made frosting).
- Use the icing to stack three popcorn balls of decreasing sizes into a snowman, then attach candies to decorate.
- (Gumdrops for hats, Fruit leather for scarves, cinnamon candies for eyes etc).