Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a great snack to keep in an airtight container for late night munchies. It is also great for bake sales or gifts...put about a cup in a baggie and tie closed with some ribbon.
Top Review by Ethan's Mom
A fantastic snack! I made this for my 2 year old's class for Valentines Day! I figured they would get enough "junk" that the parents might appreciate a healthier alternative! I left out the peanuts and added whole wheat alphabet pretzels instead. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 4 cups Chex cereal (your choice)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Grease a large roasting pan and pour in popcorn, cereals, and peanuts, stir to combine.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla and soda until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and stir until coated well.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Cool completely.