Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
a portable campfire treat!
Make and share this Popcorn S'mores recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn, cooled (do not use air-popped popcorn, as the kernels are too delicate for the hot syrup)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 2 cups mini graham crackers (we use Teddy Grahams)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes (this mixture gets very hot). Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Combine the popcorn and the marshmallows in a large metal or heat-resistant glass bowl (not plastic; the heat could damage it). Drizzle the sugar mixture mixture over the popcorn, then gently stir in the graham cracker cookies and chocolate chips.
- Let the mixture set until cool enough to handle, then using buttered plastic sandwich bags on your hands, form the mixture into golf-ball-sized balls. Store in an airtight container.
Creative rendition of s'mores. Good for when you want a sweet snack with popcorn!