Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yes it really does say popcorn salad! It’s from my Taste of Home cookbook. I tried it and to my surprise it was good!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn (3/4 cup uncooked popcorn makes about 6 cups popped)
- In large bowl, combine the mayo, celery, 1 cup of cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well.
- Add popcorn; stir to coat.
- Spoon into a lettuce-lined bowl top with remaining cheese and bacon serve immediately.
This recipe was so easy, and so delicious! We used 1 bag of microwave popcorn (for the easy way out instead of popping in ourselves!). This recipe would be great to make for a summer picnic party. All you do is dump everything together, and you're done! I would highly recommend! Enjoy!
Well, I gave it a try, and I loved it! Everyone else did too. Definitely something no one had tasted before.
couldn't help it - it was too strange to pass without a try - made it pretty much according to the recipe and quite enjoyed it, and the picky ones loved it. I'll be making this again, thanks for putting it here for me to find!