Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Yes it really does say popcorn salad! It’s from my Taste of Home cookbook. I tried it and to my surprise it was good!
Top Review by debfox442
This recipe was so easy, and so delicious! We used 1 bag of microwave popcorn (for the easy way out instead of popping in ourselves!). This recipe would be great to make for a summer picnic party. All you do is dump everything together, and you're done! I would highly recommend! Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn (3/4 cup uncooked popcorn makes about 6 cups popped)