Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is from Family Fun's website. I make it and put it in a pan to set and cut up as bars. Prep. time is an estimate, including popping popcorn.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good! The kids enjoyed this. I really think this would be better if the caramel mixture were poured over the popcorn, let cool, then other ingredients were mixed in. Everything melted together into a clump which made it hard to distinguish different flavors, and the popcorn wasn't as crunchy as I would have liked. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn (cooled)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Teddy Grahams honey graham snacks (not crumbs) or 2 cups crumbled graham crackers (not crumbs)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Thoroughly combine the popcorn and marshmallows in a large metal bowl. (Do NOT use a plastic bowl).
- Drizzle the sugar mixture over the popcorn to coat it.
- Gently stir in the graham crackers and chocolate chips, incorporating them evenly throughout the mixture.
- Let the mixture set until cool enough to handle, then, using buttered plastic sandwich bags on your hands, form the mixture into golf-ball-size balls.
- Store in airtight container.
- NOTE: Do NOT use air-popped popcorn. It will melt when combined with the hot sugar mixture.