Recipe by mommyoffour
Tasty little treat. I like the addition of the nuts to this. Great for the evening snack when the munchies hit you.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup blanched whole almond, toasted
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- 1 cup brazil nut, toasted
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the popcorn and nuts in a slightly greased 5 quart dutch oven.
- Bake at 250 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, without stirring now, until a candy thermometer reads 290 (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour a small amount at a time over popcorn mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture is well coated.
- Immediately spread on greased baking sheets.
- Cool; break into pieces.
- Store in airtight containers.