Recipe by tree luee dee
I saw another recipe posted for a Popcorn Candy Cake. It's a little bit different than this one (and actually looks fabulous). I think I cut this recipe out of one of the Taste of Home Magazine inserts. It's definitely for someone with a sweet tooth. Kids would love this.... The time noted is the time for the cake to set.
Top Review by sisterchic
I love seeing this version of the popcorn cake, having had it in my childhood 40 years ago. I prefer the use of (spice) gumdrops to M&M's. My mom made it during the Christmas holiday, adding to the magic of the season. It remains a favorite of our family today.
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 (24 ounce) packagespiced gumdrops
- 1 cup peanuts, salted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows, oil and butter until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, gumdrops and peanuts.
- Add marshmallow mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 10 inches tube pan. (A one-piece tube pan is recommended).
- Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- Dip pan in hot water for 5-10 seconds to unmold.
- Slice cake with an electric or serrate knife.