1/8 Photos of Popcorn Cupcakes (So Cute!)
My youngest daughter entered these into the fair a few years back and won a 2nd place ribbon. So cute! You can use your favorite cake batter and icing recipe. To make the popcorn band your will need scissors, white construction paper and blue and/or red markers, or you can create something on a color printer such as we did. You will also need a clean paintbrush to add "butter" to the "popcorn". I think this came from Family Fun Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baked cupcake
- 2 tablespoons white icing
- 40 mini marshmallows (white or pastel yellow and white)
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1Frost the cupcake with white icing. To create each piece of "popcorn," cut one mini marshmallow in half and squish the two pieces back together into a whole mini marshmallow, pinching firmly. Pile the finished popcorn onto the frosted cupcake.
- 2For a buttery look, either dilute a drop of yellow food coloring in water and brush it on with a clean paintbrush or mix pastel yellow marshmallows in with the white.
- 3To make the band, cut a strip of construction paper about 1 1/4 inches by 8 inches, or to fit your cupcake, and decorate as shown.
- 4If you're creating many cupcakes, design just one band and color photocopy it. Wrap the band around the cupcake and secure with tape.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popcorn Cupcakes (So Cute!)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: