Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens Prize tested recipes in 1990. Its been a family favorite for my family ever since.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chocolate-flavored candy coating, cut up
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- nonstick spray coating
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick coating; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine confectioner's coating and peanut butter.
- Micro-cook on 100% power for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stir after every minute.
- In a very large bowl combine popcorn, cereal and peanuts.
- Pour warm melted chocolate mixture over the popcorn mixture.
- Toss to coat all well.
- Spread onto prepared cookie sheet; cool thoroughly.
- Break apart and store in a tightly covered container for up to 5 days.