I found this recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens Prize tested recipes in 1990. Its been a family favorite for my family ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chocolate-flavored candy coating, cut up
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- nonstick spray coating
- 1Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick coating; set aside.
- 2In a large microwave-safe bowl combine confectioner's coating and peanut butter.
- 3Micro-cook on 100% power for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stir after every minute.
- 4In a very large bowl combine popcorn, cereal and peanuts.
- 5Pour warm melted chocolate mixture over the popcorn mixture.
- 6Toss to coat all well.
- 7Spread onto prepared cookie sheet; cool thoroughly.
- 8Break apart and store in a tightly covered container for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popcorn Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-flavored candy coating