Recipe by Johnney
My mom made this for us and now I make it for the kids that hang around, they love it.
Top Review by P.B.&Jayne
This is wonderful. I made it when my kids were visiting and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law went home and made it for a get together with friends. I tried the chocolate on half the batch and it was much better without it. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup whole almond
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup margarine
- dipping chocolate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together popped corn and nuts.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and margarine.
- Bring to a boil, and boil 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When mixture turns light caramel in color, remove from heat, and stir in popcorn and nuts.
- Spread out on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Break apart when cool.
- Can be dipped or spread with chocolate, if desired.
- Makes about 40 pieces.
- Cooking time does not include popping the popcorn.