Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom made this for us and now I make it for the kids that hang around, they love it.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup whole almond
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup margarine
- dipping chocolate (optional)
- Mix together popped corn and nuts.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and margarine.
- Bring to a boil, and boil 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When mixture turns light caramel in color, remove from heat, and stir in popcorn and nuts.
- Spread out on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Break apart when cool.
- Can be dipped or spread with chocolate, if desired.
- Makes about 40 pieces.
- Cooking time does not include popping the popcorn.
This is wonderful. I made it when my kids were visiting and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law went home and made it for a get together with friends. I tried the chocolate on half the batch and it was much better without it. Thanks for a great recipe.
Delicious! Well worth cleaning the sticky pot! We like to make this around Christmastime and call it Reindeer Food.
What can I say - it's crunchy and caramelly and nutty, and I put some chocolate on it, too. Sorry, no kids here, so made only half of the recipe, using all ingredients and proportions. Come to think of it, perhaps it's just as well there aren't any kids here. I'd have to share. (I am sharing with my husband. Really!) Thank you very much for posting this recipe.