Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Super light and juicy, these little nuggets of joy are great for grown-ups and kids alike! I serve these with Danny Beason's "Aplebees Honey Mustard Sauce".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon salt-free cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 8 pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- honey mustard sauce, for dipping (optional)
- ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Toss chicken with 1 1/2 tsp of the Cajun seasoning and 1/2 tsp of the salt. In a large bowl, whisk flour, beer and remaining 1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning and 1/2 tsp salt. Toss chicken and peppers in batter and coat completely.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil to 375 deg. Working in 3 batches, drop chicken pieces and peppers into oil, one piece at a time. Fry for 3 minutes, gently stirring halfway through cooking time.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and peppers from oil and place on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Serve immediately with, if desired, honey mustard and ranch.