Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made this over the weekend for a movie time snack, perfectly crunchy for a movie night at home adjust seasoning to taste you can have it more spicy or not at all.
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons ceyanne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning (without salt)
- salt, season
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into nuggets
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- Mix the all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then put a 1/4 of the mix in one of the bowls and mix with the milk until a med thick batter, at this stage you can taste the batter to see if it need more chilli or salt just a tiny bit will let you know if it needs more or not.
- Wash the chicken and cut into small nugget/popcorn size pieces.
- Put your cut chicken in the bowl with the seasoned batter and mix well let it sit for 20-40 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or deep-fat fryer to 180°c (at which point, a cube of bread dropped in it should turn golden brown after 30 seconds).
- Using a fork pick out the chicken piece by piece and dip the chicken pieces in the dry flour mixture, cover with flour and Fry, in batches, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt and serve.