Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made this over the weekend for a movie time snack, perfectly crunchy for a movie night at home adjust seasoning to taste you can have it more spicy or not at all.
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons ceyanne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning (without salt)
- salt, season
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into nuggets
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- Mix the all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then put a 1/4 of the mix in one of the bowls and mix with the milk until a med thick batter, at this stage you can taste the batter to see if it need more chilli or salt just a tiny bit will let you know if it needs more or not.
- Wash the chicken and cut into small nugget/popcorn size pieces.
- Put your cut chicken in the bowl with the seasoned batter and mix well let it sit for 20-40 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or deep-fat fryer to 180°c (at which point, a cube of bread dropped in it should turn golden brown after 30 seconds).
- Using a fork pick out the chicken piece by piece and dip the chicken pieces in the dry flour mixture, cover with flour and Fry, in batches, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt and serve.
I'm not usually much for deep frying, but wanted to try my hand at this recipe, & surprise, surprise, it worked out great! Wonderfully flavorful, & now I plan to include more of these little tasties on my finger food counter the next time I host one of my monthly gatherings! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]