Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great gift-giving idea.....or just great to munch on at any time, it's way better than store-bought.....once you make this, you be making this all the time, BEWARE: you won't be able to stop eating this, it is so delicious!
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large greased bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reads 280-290 degrees (soft crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Immediately pour onto a greased 15x10 inch pan.
- When cool enough to handle, break into pieces.
- Store in containers.