Recipe by Young Living in Texas
This is great for parties or any time. Looks pretty on a cake plate. Young and old enjoy this chocolate and popcorn combination. I have made this many times and has always been a hit.
Top Review by Jaxmom
This cake was way too sticky the first time I made it. I tried making it a second time, and added about 2/3 of the marshmallows, 7 tbls of butter, and 1/8 c. oil. The second time it was less sticky, but the 5 year old was the only person in the family that liked it. One suggestion: Add the m&m's last, after you have stired everything else, to prevent them from melting from the hot marshmallow mixture. That part was much better the second time.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn, remove unpopped kernels
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) container roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) bag M&M's plain chocolate candy (I use orange and black candy corn for Halloween and no nuts.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a bundt pan.
- Melt butter, oil and marshmallows in a large saucepan.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Large roasting pan works for me.
- Add nuts and candies.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture over corn, nuts and candies.
- Mix well, working quickly.
- Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Turn cake out immediately onto a large plate.
- Let set overnight for easy cutting.
- You may also use a 13 x 9 x 2 inch buttered pan and leave in pan for cutting.
- For Halloween make balls.