Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 quarts unbuttered and unsalted popcorn
- 1 lb miniature marshmallow (1 1/2 bags)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 lb gumdrop (small)
- Pop popcorn to make 6 quarts Melt and stir marshmallows, margarine and oil.
- Pour over popcorn and small gumdrops.
- Fill greased angel pan and press down firmly.
I love this Popcorn Cake and have been making it for years. It is so very easy, gets rave remarks, and makes a nice treat to give to people. Especially if you need to take a dessert to a family as I frequently do with our church's Meal's Ministry. Traditionally I substitute roughly chopped salted dry roasted peanuts for the gumdrops as we like the sweet and salty combo. I grease my angel food cake pan by rubbing the inside of the margarine wrapping along the pan. Try this recipe, you'll like it!