Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from a kid's site, this looks so interesting! Popcorn biscotti? I haven't tried this yet, but posted to try soon! :)
Top Review by Noo
I feel it unfair to rate this recipe as I haven't have much luck with it I'm afraid. Two attempts have both been total failures and I fear that it probably has more to do with me than the recipe. My dough was terribly sticky both times,and upon baking just turned to rock. I'm sure that someone out there will turn out perfect biscotti from this recipe-just a shame that it couldn't be me...sorry Sharon. Made for Newest Tag.
- cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, plus more for shaping
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, currants (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture thoroughly into egg mixture.
- Stir in popcorn and raisins, if desired. Dough will be sticky.
- Spread a little flour on a work surface.
- Turn dough out onto work surface and divide into 3 equal pieces.
- Sprinkle flour over dough as needed to prevent sticking and roll each piece of dough into a log about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Transfer logs to baking sheets, allowing space between for spreading.
- Bake 30 minutes and remove from oven (but do not turn off oven.) Allow cookie logs to cool about 5 minutes and transfer to cutting surface.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place cookies back on baking sheets in a single layer. Return cookies to oven and bake 20 minutes, turning cookies over after 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on racks and store in an air-tight container.