Recipe by sofie-a-toast
THE BEST POPCORN BALLS EVER! gooey - not crunchy and with a molasses flavor
Top Review by Born2cook
These were OK but I was disappointed because mine weren't super gooey - they were hard. I've got a really great Pampered Chef thermometer so I think I did the temperature correctly - I don't know why they weren't goey. Sorry.
- 3 quarts popped corn
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan boil molasses, sugar, water, vinegar, and salt without stirring until it reaches 270 degrees (brittle stage).
- Take off the heat and add the butter and vanilla.
- Pour the syrup over the popped corn gradually while stirring.
- Grease your hands and form the mixture into balls the size of your fist
- Wait to cool and then wrap each individually in wax paper.