1/2 Photos of Popcorn Balls - a Special Treat for Halloween!
carrie sheridan's Note:
this is real 50s food - great to give out to older kids for Halloween [i print out my name and address on labels before wrapping in saran wrap] rice krispie treats are great for the little kids -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -9 cups popped corn (preferably not microwave)
FOR DRIZZLY SAUCE
- 1Mix sauce ingredients [EXCEPT THE VANILLA!] in a saucepan.
- 2Cook to 250 degrees on a candy thermometer for popcorn balls [or until a few drops form a hard ball when dropped into cold water].
- 3This can be cooked to a lower temp if you are just going to drizzle this over popcorn in a pan for smaller bite-sized pieces - and don't want to break a tooth on the hard-ball caramel.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5NOW stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
- 6Pour in a thin stream over the popped corn, stirring constantly to mix well.
- 7Shape into balls, if desired.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popcorn Balls - a Special Treat for Halloween!
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g