this is real 50s food - great to give out to older kids for Halloween [i print out my name and address on labels before wrapping in saran wrap] rice krispie treats are great for the little kids -
- Mix sauce ingredients [EXCEPT THE VANILLA!] in a saucepan.
- Cook to 250 degrees on a candy thermometer for popcorn balls [or until a few drops form a hard ball when dropped into cold water].
- This can be cooked to a lower temp if you are just going to drizzle this over popcorn in a pan for smaller bite-sized pieces - and don't want to break a tooth on the hard-ball caramel.
- Remove from heat.
- NOW stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Pour in a thin stream over the popped corn, stirring constantly to mix well.
- Shape into balls, if desired.