Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one of our favorite Halloween goodies.
Make and share this Popcorn Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 270 degrees.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn; stir until evenly coated.
- When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into balls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
There wasn't very much flavor, and it was so chewy it was like having your jaw wired. I will continue looking for another recipe.
Just finished making these. What a yummy treat for the start of fall. This is a tradition I'm hoping to start with my 2 year old. I used to be green with envy of the kids that got these during the Halloween season! I also substituted white corn syrup for the dark. They turned out beautifully!
Wonderful yummy recipe! I made them for my son's preschool treat. Very easy to make. Tip: put your hands inside sandwich bags like gloves when forming the balls, that way it won't stick to your hands especially if it's still too hot!