- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 270 degrees.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn; stir until evenly coated.
- When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into balls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.