This is a very old recipe my mother always used.
Make and share this Popcorn Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Keep popcorn warm in 250 degree oven.
- Cook first five ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking without stirring until mixture reaches 270 degrees on a candy thermometer or until a small amount dropped into very cold water separates into hard threads.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour mixture over popped corn, mixing with a fork.
- When cool enough to handle but still quite warm, form into balls.