Teresa M's Note:
My mom has made these popcorn balls at Halloween for 40 years. The kids she gave them to then now bring their kids. 4 years ago one brought her grandson and took a picture of him getting a popcorn ball from her. Note: Cook time Is 3 1/2 minutes, even though I put 4 minutes because the "cook time" wouldn't accept the 3 1/2 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook above ingredients (except popcorn) over medium heat for 3-1/2 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and pour over popcorn.
- 3Mix with a spoon and start shaping into balls at once.
- 4Have a small pan of cold water close by so you can dip your hands in it if your hands get too hot.
- 5This recipe works BEST when you have a "helper" to help you make the popcorn balls while the syrup mixture is still easy to work with, and is much more fun doing with a helper.
- 6Last, but not least, make "extra", as if you're doing these to give away, you "are" going to want to keep some for you and yours to eat... ;)
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popcorn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g