- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the popped corn in a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, salt, water, corn syrup, butter, and vinegar.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until soft-crack stage (270 degrees).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour syrup over the popcorn, tossing until coated.
- With buttered hands, quickly shape into balls being careful not to burn hands.