Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made these for a Valentine's Day bake sale and they were the first to go! The recipe was given to me by a friend.
- bring to boil butter, sugar, syrup.
- add condensed milk- boil 5 minute.
- remove from heat and add vanilla.
- strain seeds from popcorn.
- pour hot mixture over popcorn and mix.
- grease hands and make balls out of mixture.
- *extra note;
- To remove the seeds, I usually take two bowls and lift out the popcorn by the hand fulls and shaking it, then dumping it into the extra bowl. When I get to the bottom, there lies most of the seeds. I just discard them and go on with the rest.
- Hope you can visualize that and that it helps!
I cut the sauce in half and popped 1 3/4 cups (unpopped) of popcorn. The kids & I ate some popcorn for snack while I was cooking the sauce. At the end, I came out with about 22 balls, compressed into baseball sized balls. The taste is wonderful! This was just enough sauce and the popcorn is still crunchy. I'll be doing this again!
Great recipe. Fun and easy to make with kids, great flavor and they stick together really well. The kids loved them. Thanks for sharing!
Very yummy. I halved the caramel recipe and popped about 3 cups of popcorn. Used a spatula to get into balls. I also added some sea salt becuase I'm obsessed with sea salt caramel.