My daughter adores this recipe. She often requests it be prepared when her friends are coming over. I sometimes add pepperoni slices on top of the cheese and mushrooms in the meat mixture.
- Brown meat.
- Add all but cheese.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, oil and eggs for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add flour and salt, beat 2 minutes more on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour hot meat mixture into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Place cheese on top.
- Pour batter over cheese, covering filling completely.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
Michelle, my kids loved this. I did make a few slight additions. I used 1 t. minced garlic, 1 t. dried oregano, and added salt and pepper to the meat mixture. I think next time I will do as you suggested and add pepperoni and mushrooms. This made a great weeknight easy to make meal Thanks.
Boy did the kids like this!!I didnt have a jar of spagetti sauce so I used a can of diced tomatoes and a 2 small jars of tomato sauce and just a little pizza spice.This was a satisfying meal that will be had again!Thanks Michelle!
This was pretty good. I needed something quick and easy for company that was coming over for dinner and they dont like any type of meat besides ground beef. So this is what I made, and the loved it. My son kept calling it Cheeza, and wanted 3rds!!! Thanks for a good quick meal!