Recipe by Michelle S.
My daughter adores this recipe. She often requests it be prepared when her friends are coming over. I sometimes add pepperoni slices on top of the cheese and mushrooms in the meat mixture.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Michelle, my kids loved this. I did make a few slight additions. I used 1 t. minced garlic, 1 t. dried oregano, and added salt and pepper to the meat mixture. I think next time I will do as you suggested and add pepperoni and mushrooms. This made a great weeknight easy to make meal Thanks.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat.
- Add all but cheese.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, oil and eggs for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add flour and salt, beat 2 minutes more on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour hot meat mixture into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Place cheese on top.
- Pour batter over cheese, covering filling completely.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve immediately.