Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 680.38 g hamburger
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml water
- 0.59 ml hot pepper sauce
- 35.43 g packet spaghetti sauce mix
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml flour
- 14.79 ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 198.44 g monterey jack cheese or 198.44 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- *** FILLING ***.
- In large skillet, brown hamburger and drain.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, garlic, oregano, salt, water, hot pepper sauce, tomato sauce and sauce mix; simmer about 10 min stirring occasionally.
- *** BATTER ***.
- In a bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs; beat 1 min on medium speed.
- Add flour and salt; beat 2 min or until smooth.
- *** ASSEMBLY ***.
- Pour hot meat mixture into 13x9 pan; top with cheese slices.
- Pour batter over cheese, covering filling completely; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 min or until puffed and brown.
Very, very yummy! We loved the taste of the crust especially. The list of ingredients does not show tomato sauce! Even though I just guessed on the amount (have to translate to European measurements), it was a little aggrevating. That is why only 3 stars. But the taste was very, very good. Thank you for sharing!
I think this is quite good. The crust made from eggs and parmesan cheese is what kicks this one up a notch.
it is ok,