Recipe by SusieQusie
Quirky little recipe that I found in a Kroger flyer. Never thought of using Pop Tarts in baking.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 pop tarts toaster pastries, frosted brown sugar cinnamon flavor
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half, recipe suggests fat-free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour mixture into an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish.
- Cut Pop Tarts in quarters. Arrange half of the pieces on top of the sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle with raisins and nuts.
- Top with remaining Pop Tarts pieces.
- Whisk together eggs & half-and-half (fat free? Come on - we're using Pop Tarts as an ingredient. It seems a little late to be concerned with nutrition.:-).
- Stir in vanilla & pour over mixture in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.