1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
College Girl's Note:
I love Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. I was watching the Northwest episode and the Gypsy dining group came up with a fabulous dessert that engulfed all of the senses. Seeing as how I am in no way going to do this dessert justice, I just wanted to quote what Gypsy described it as: "The second dessert was a lime cheesecake mousse set over the top of an “aural” crust. Strawberry pop rocks were implanted into the graham cracker crust for a surprising aural firework display with every bite. The dish was accompanied by strawberry sorbet over a salad of black pepper and strawberries, a strawberry sauce, and a fresh grating of lime zest." I have researched the lime mousse techniques and i have just run out of patience on how to keep the rocks from popping before the cake is consumed. So it's basically, no bake, low heat, keep it cool. I cannot come close to coming up with the black pepper and strawberries concoction so i am going to make my cop out, easy version. It might not be completely gourmet, but it is still poppin'. **I plan on revisiting this to make a diet friendly version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup pecan sandies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) packets strawberry soda pop rocks candy
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1In a bowl, mix together crushed cookies and graham crackers with melted butter and the 3 tablespoons sugar.
- 2Wait, a little bit for the butter to cool down and then combine the pop rocks gently into the crushed mixture.
- 3Press into a 7 inch spring-form pan. Place in refrigerator until ready for use.
- 4In another bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar and lemon juice.
- 5Whip cream, and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 6Spread into pan.
- 7Top with sliced strawberries (optional). Freeze for 1 hour, covered with foil.
- 8Place in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- 9Garnish with lime zest before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pop Rocks No Bake Strawberry Lime Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 168.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry soda pop rocks candy