Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perk up your microwave popcorn by sprinkling it with these fun flavored mixes. Most the mixes make enough for serveral bags; you can store the extra. Note: The butter is not listed in the recipe but Zaar would not allow one ingredient. I found this recipe in Ladies' Home Journal. I have not tried these recipe, but I'm posting them for safe keeping.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter flavored popcorn
- Pop popcorn according to microwave directions. Add seasoning immediately.
- Bacon & Herb: 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan and 2 tablespoon real bacon bits ground together in a coffee grinder or mini food processor, 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley flakes, 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoons onion powder, 3/4 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoons paprika. Makes 10 tablespoons. Toss 5 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Apple Cinnamon: 1 1/3 cup freeze dried apples or apple chips (2oz), 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Grind ingredients in a coffee grinder or mini food processor. Makes 12 tablespoons. Tos 6 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Butterscotch: Place 8 butterscotch hard candies in a coffee grinder or mini food processor until finely crushed. Toss with 1 bag popcorn.
- Barbecue: 3 3/4 teaspoons smoked paprika, 3 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley flakes. Makes 12 tablespoons. Toss 4 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Sweet Chili: 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste, and 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Makes 9 tablespoons. Toss about 2 1/2 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Chocolate Malt: 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, 6 tablespoons malted milk powder. Makes 15 tablespoons. Toss 5 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
I am rating this recipe w/o stars, as I haven't tried all the mixes. I have however, tried the Sweet Chili Mix and the Barbecue Mix, (minus the parsley flakes) and really enjoyed both of these. I look forward to trying the other mixes one of these days, and will edit my review to let you know what I thought of the other mixes. I had made the barbecue mix twice so far, once using the microwavable popcorn, and once using my hot air popper, and adding butter to both. Both tasted good!