Recipe by internetnut
Perk up your microwave popcorn by sprinkling it with these fun flavored mixes. Most the mixes make enough for serveral bags; you can store the extra. Note: The butter is not listed in the recipe but Zaar would not allow one ingredient. I found this recipe in Ladies' Home Journal. I have not tried these recipe, but I'm posting them for safe keeping.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
I am rating this recipe w/o stars, as I haven't tried all the mixes. I have however, tried the Sweet Chili Mix and the Barbecue Mix, (minus the parsley flakes) and really enjoyed both of these. I look forward to trying the other mixes one of these days, and will edit my review to let you know what I thought of the other mixes. I had made the barbecue mix twice so far, once using the microwavable popcorn, and once using my hot air popper, and adding butter to both. Both tasted good!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop popcorn according to microwave directions. Add seasoning immediately.
- Bacon & Herb: 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan and 2 tablespoon real bacon bits ground together in a coffee grinder or mini food processor, 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley flakes, 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoons onion powder, 3/4 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoons paprika. Makes 10 tablespoons. Toss 5 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Apple Cinnamon: 1 1/3 cup freeze dried apples or apple chips (2oz), 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Grind ingredients in a coffee grinder or mini food processor. Makes 12 tablespoons. Tos 6 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Butterscotch: Place 8 butterscotch hard candies in a coffee grinder or mini food processor until finely crushed. Toss with 1 bag popcorn.
- Barbecue: 3 3/4 teaspoons smoked paprika, 3 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley flakes. Makes 12 tablespoons. Toss 4 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Sweet Chili: 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste, and 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Makes 9 tablespoons. Toss about 2 1/2 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.
- Chocolate Malt: 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, 6 tablespoons malted milk powder. Makes 15 tablespoons. Toss 5 tablespoons mixture with 1 bag popcorn.