Recipe by lik2fish
Poorman's Shake and Bake
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
My SO and I had bought 10 lbs. of chicken leg/quaters for his lunches.He was wanting me to bake them, so I did a search for a shake n' bake recipe. And came across this one, and decided to try it.The recipe took me a little longer to make since I used Recipe#199955 for the taco seasoning. Since this was for SO's lunches I added some more cayenne and chili powder. ( He really likes spicy stuff :) )I didn't know what you meant about seaon pepper, so I used 1/2 black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper. While the chicken was baking the smell was so wonderful :). For the chicken, I baked it at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours and it turned out just great. My SO said it could have used some more salt, but he's a salt nut any way. This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon season pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry (or more)
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, all-bran cereal, parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, taco seasoning, season pepper, curry, basil and oregano together. I use a large size zipper plastic bag and keep it in the freezer.
- Use for coating any and all types of meat.
- You can add more of the cayenne and chili powder if you so desire. I usually just throw in what I have at the time I make it so it is never the same twice.
- It is a great all-around coating.