Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is posted in reply to a recipe request. I have not tried it, so any imput would be wonderful.
- 2 lbs haddock (cut into chunks)
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 -2 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package crushed Ritz cracker
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Saute celery and onion in olive oil to release flavors.
- Add soup and seasonings, heat slightly and adjust seasonings.
- Place haddock in a 2 quart baking dish, pour soup mixture over haddock and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven.
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Srinkle crumb mixture over top and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
We really liked this. I think this would be fabulous with shrimp also. YUM!
This is so delicious! My DH seldom eats fish, and he was back for seconds! I did find the soup mixture a bit too thick and added 1/2 soup can of milk in step 2. It made for a nice sauce to spoon over the fish. The buttery Ritz cracker topping put this over the top! I wouldn't hesitate to serve it to guests. This recipe goes right into my "Favorites" cookbook. Thanks for sharing Kim. Nick's Mom