Recipe by Nicalyn
This is a recipe I pilfered out of my mom's cookbook when I got my first apartment. I was on a tight budget and a beginner cook, so this was perfect! The kids loved the fun spirals too.
Top Review by RippyTer
I needed a recipe for the things I had on hand and this sounded good...it was great! The kids and hubby ate it all up. Nicalyn, thanks for something so easy and with stuff I usually have in the house! I will be making this again.
- 1 lb spiral shaped pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Sautee onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add hamburger.
- When hamburger is browned, drain fat.
- Add spaghetti sauce and heat.
- Add sauce mixture to drained macaroni.
- In one quart casserole dish, spoon in macaroni mixture, topping it with cheese.
- Keep layering until mixture reaches the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.