Recipe by geckoluvr2000
A simple, quick and tasty dinner that uses ingredients most of us have on hand. I created this for dinner when it was just DH and I. He loved it so much he said I had to post it, so let me know what you think!
Top Review by Marsha D.
What a great pie! I had to use up alot of things in my ref. so here is what I did.... Instead of using a can of mixed vegetables, I chopped up and used fresh green beans,frozen corn, celery, green onions, regular onion,carrots and red potatoes. I boiled the veggies in chicken broth and added black pepper and Kosher salt. Than I made Recipe #44746 cause I don't buy store brand anymore. I also used whipping cream instead of milk and I added monterey jack cheese along with cheddar cheese. I used the four cheese instant potatoes. It turned out GREAT!! My DH just was on cloud nine :) He said he could eat this everyday of the week if he had too. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe! :) Its one I am sure I will be making again and again!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant mashed potatoes (I prefer 4 cheese potatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a pan, brown hamburger along with onion and pepper.
- Return to pan and add veggies, soup, and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir until well mixed.
- While browning hamburger, in a different pan add 1 1/2 cups water, milk, and butter and bring to boil.
- Then add package of potatoes, and fluff with fork.
- In a greased 2 quart casserole, pour hamburger mixture first.
- Then cover with half of cheese. Add potatoes on top.
- Then add remainder of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.