Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple, quick and tasty dinner that uses ingredients most of us have on hand. I created this for dinner when it was just DH and I. He loved it so much he said I had to post it, so let me know what you think!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant mashed potatoes (I prefer 4 cheese potatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a pan, brown hamburger along with onion and pepper.
- Return to pan and add veggies, soup, and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir until well mixed.
- While browning hamburger, in a different pan add 1 1/2 cups water, milk, and butter and bring to boil.
- Then add package of potatoes, and fluff with fork.
- In a greased 2 quart casserole, pour hamburger mixture first.
- Then cover with half of cheese. Add potatoes on top.
- Then add remainder of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
What a great pie! I had to use up alot of things in my ref. so here is what I did.... Instead of using a can of mixed vegetables, I chopped up and used fresh green beans,frozen corn, celery, green onions, regular onion,carrots and red potatoes. I boiled the veggies in chicken broth and added black pepper and Kosher salt. Than I made Recipe #44746 cause I don't buy store brand anymore. I also used whipping cream instead of milk and I added monterey jack cheese along with cheddar cheese. I used the four cheese instant potatoes. It turned out GREAT!! My DH just was on cloud nine :) He said he could eat this everyday of the week if he had too. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe! :) Its one I am sure I will be making again and again!
Really quick and easy, and you can easily substitute ingredients (I had no can soup so made up dry with cream, half the cheese, no green pepper or canned veg so I used frozen mixed...) and my partner loved it! Definitely one for the permanent recipe book. Thanks for posting!
Awesome recipe. My husband and I really enjoyed it!