Recipe by Tripsymilkmaid
I modified another recipe so much that it's practically new. I'm living in Iceland, and lamb is the cheapest meat available (happy chance!), so I used a nice lean cut and was very pleased with it.
- 1 lb lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes and dusted with flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in dutch oven and brown lamb on all sides.
- Add water and garlic, cover, and simmer for one hour, until lamb is tender.
- Add onions, tomatoes, soup, salt, and herbes de provence, stir in well, and cover.
- Simmer for another half hour or so until all ingredients are tender.