Recipe by ugogirl
This recipe turns a cheap cut of beef into a tasty grilled steak. It's great for camping or picnics because you can make it ahead, marinate up to two days and then grill it when you are ready. (The cooking time is the marinating time.)
Top Review by Catnip46
I marinaded all day. Maybe next time I would use a little less liquid smoke and a little less brown sugar. The steak tasted too sweet for me but other wise was good and tender. I put my steak under the broiler for about 6-7 minutes. It turned out rare just the way I like it. <br/>Made for chef alphabet soup.
- 2 -3 lbs chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ginger (can use fresh or powdered)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce the roast with a fork on both sides.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Pour over the chuck roast in a marinade pan or zip-lock bag.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to two days, turning several times.
- Grill it as you would steak. Let rest a few minutes, slice and serve.