Recipe by Cypress
My mom used to make this hearty stew a lot when we were kids. We never measured anything, but this is pretty fool proof. It's one of those things you can just throw together pretty quickly. My mother did not add corn, but I like to as it as it adds a burst of color and flavor. You can also add spices like chili powder, and cumin if you want more of a Mexican flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped to 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained (optional)
- season salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season your ground beef however you like, or just with season salt. Brown the meat and drain off grease.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a pot, and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are cooked through. Add water if it's too chunky, and adjust seasonings accordingly.