Recipe by KimmieOH
This is a recipe my mom has used for years - it's quite good actually!
Top Review by bullwinkle
My family always called this Mock Dhicken Fried Steak. Except for the onion it is the same. It is such a quick dish to fix. When my children were growing up I could fix this and everyone including the world's pickiest eater ( my daughter) would eat this without fussing. The addition of the onion made it taste even better. Thanks KimmieOH. Bullwinkle.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or 1 can cream of onion soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well and shape in a loaf.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice in pieces and fry until brown.
- Put slices in layers in a roasting pan spread cream of mushroom soup over the top making sure to cover each piece.
- Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.